The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Period Correct Accessaries for your truck... (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=758555)

70cst 03-05-2018 04:38 PM

Period Correct Accessaries for your truck...

5 Attachment(s)
Recently there was a thread on CB's in your truck. I thought it would be cool to see what period correct accessories you have installed or are being used in your truck. Here are a few of mine. Now post yours.

Pop Cooler of the 60's
Radatron Radar Detector Early 60's to Early 70's
Courier Gladiator 23 Channel CB Early 70's
Varmint Mobile Tube CB Amplifier 60's to Early 70's
Avanti Fazer Twin CB Antennas - Early 70's.

jeffahart 03-05-2018 11:01 PM

Re: Period Correct Accessaries for your truck...

1 Attachment(s)
Here's period correct electric Hickey worm gear winch.

I really like it!

Attachment 1759987

j

CG 03-05-2018 11:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Id love to have one of these even though Ive never been a smoker. So if you have one go ahead and send it to me =)

arks 03-05-2018 11:31 PM

I'm always on the lookout for vintage 'stuff' in good condition that would be age- appropriate for my truck.
No pictures yet, but so far I've grabbed a handheld spotlight and a beverage holder that slips into the bottom of the window channel. Also found a large adjustable wrench with 'GM Performance' imprinted on the handle!

70cst 03-06-2018 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffahart (Post 8204384)

I really like it!

Attachment 1759987

j

That is sweet :metal:

70cst 03-06-2018 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had a GM 8 Track but thought this 8 tract player was cooler ...

70cst 03-06-2018 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CG (Post 8204397)
Id love to have one of these even though Ive never been a smoker. So if you have one go ahead and send it to me =)

That would be cool ... :metal:

70cst 03-06-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arks (Post 8204428)
I'm always on the lookout for vintage 'stuff' in good condition that would be age- appropriate for my truck.
No pictures yet, but so far I've grabbed a handheld spotlight and a beverage holder that slips into the bottom of the window channel. Also found a large adjustable wrench with 'GM Performance' imprinted on the handle!

Me ...

Always have my eyes open for that special item :metal:

special-K 03-06-2018 01:18 PM

5 Attachment(s)
You have an eye for those accessories. My old '71 Custom Camper I did period correct with aluminum slots, white tonneau cover when camper is off, etc. It went on to the camper itself, which had been mated to the truck since new. I had all the cushions reupholstered in a fabric lose to original as I could get. I had a Keep On Campin' door mat, road runner levelers, bar bouys mounted, collected enameled magnets-only as souveneirs, The old duck hunter/fisherman curtains were dry-rotted so made some plaid ones that looked right. I bought up any old stock camper stuff like paper towel, magazine holder with a bronzetone hammered finish, lights, and fans, to cup holders, you name it.

My '72 K2500 came with some era goodies like cargo hooks and Bartens bumper. Also has the auxiliary tanks and drop down slide out spare carrier. It's now lifted a few inches and has 8" wide steel wheels, finned aluminum differential covers, Selectro hubs, and finned aluminum valve covers. It has worn Hurricane style, aluminum slots, and wide steel from the period

jeffahart 03-06-2018 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8204834)
You have an eye for those accessories. My old '71 Custom Camper I did period correct with aluminum slots, white tonneau cover when camper is off, etc. It went on to the camper itself, which had been mated to the truck since new. I had all the cushions reupholstered in a fabric lose to original as I could get. I had a Keep On Campin' door mat, road runner levelers, bar bouys mounted, collected enameled magnets-only as souveneirs, The old duck hunter/fisherman curtains were dry-rotted so made some plaid ones that looked right. I bought up any old stock camper stuff like paper towel, magazine holder with a bronzetone hammered finish, lights, and fans, to cup holders, you name it.

My '72 K2500 came with some era goodies like cargo hooks and Bartens bumper. Also has the auxiliary tanks and drop down slide out spare carrier. It's now lifted a few inches and has 8" wide steel wheels, finned aluminum differential covers, Selectro hubs, and finned aluminum valve covers. It has worn Hurricane style, aluminum slots, and wide steel from the period

Nice! I always liked your truck, it's those little extras that make them fun. Hey! Now you got me thinking about trying my rear bumper silver for awhile!

j

70cst 03-06-2018 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by special-K (Post 8204834)

That is indeed some cool looking items special-K ... the wheels look great :metal:

70cst 03-06-2018 06:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My GM Compass

Myoldtruck 03-06-2018 08:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a few, this seems to be my thing at the moment. To get the early 70's thing going on. "Keep on Trucking" license plate, AAA Lancaster Pa. original metal tag. Original yellow key chain whistle. 70's fender mirrors, and a 1969 airtstream. A few others not in the pictures, dash AAA compass, 1974 Pa. fishing license on the sun visor.

70cst 03-06-2018 09:16 PM

Nice truck ... color also looks good.

Key Chain is cool ...

HO455 03-07-2018 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myoldtruck (Post 8205124)
I have a few, this seems to be my thing at the moment. To get the early 70's thing going on. "Keep on Trucking" license plate, AAA Lancaster Pa. original metal tag. Original yellow key chain whistle. 70's fender mirrors, and a 1969 airtstream. A few others not in the pictures, dash AAA compass, 1974 Pa. fishing license on the sun visor.

Love those camper mirrors!

70cst 03-08-2018 12:28 PM

Other 60-70’s accessories?
Posted via Mobile Device

davepl 03-08-2018 12:32 PM

Somewhere I've got the whole GMC Accessory catalog, which I'm sure others have as well, which would be interesting to post. It covers everything from spot lights to air conditioners that you could order for your GMC from the dealer.

Coley 03-08-2018 01:15 PM

Love the gun racks in these old trucks.
I installed one last year and use it hold hats, fishing rods, coats, etc....always bring an interesting reaction...lol

Coley

Canuckvetter 03-08-2018 01:49 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hat holder, gun rack, period correct key fob with 1967 War Amps key tag. Cigarette key chain is there because my dad smoked 3 packs a day. He has been gone 20+ years now. Even though I never smoked a day in my life I sometimes smell cigarette smoke while driving alone. I'm sure its old Dad.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...1&d=1520531366

outfield 03-08-2018 03:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is not really an accessory, but it's period correct. My truck was sold through Ed Randall Chevrolet in Portland, Or. Found the license plate frame that says Ed Randall, but not Chevrolet. Its on the front bumper now.

suburban99 03-08-2018 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffahart (Post 8204384)

I really like it!

Attachment 1759987

j

Not to hijack the thread but do you have any more pictures of the hidden winch mounts? I am hoping to build one for my K10.

70cst 03-09-2018 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by outfield (Post 8206728)
This is not really an accessory, but it's period correct. My truck was sold through Ed Randall Chevrolet in Portland, Or. Found the license plate frame that says Ed Randall, but not Chevrolet. Its on the front bumper now.

That is cool as it was at one time sold by Ed Randall Chevrolet back in the day.

jeffahart 03-09-2018 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suburban99 (Post 8206752)
Not to hijack the thread but do you have any more pictures of the hidden winch mounts? I am hoping to build one for my K10.

Mine are 5/16 angle iron. You can purchase 1/4" at Pierce, they may be notched for the case already, but you would have to check it out.

Here's a link to my installation. You need to weed through some chatter but there is some pictures there too. :chevy:

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698198

j

mrtoni 03-30-2018 04:02 PM

70cst, I’m interested in radar detector depends on price. Matt

70cst 07-20-2018 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtoni (Post 8226067)
70cst, I’m interested in radar detector depends on price. Matt

Just a heads up ...

I will be selling a couple period correct Radar Detectors in the next week or so - if you want to add a period correct accessary to your truck.