The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   LMC parts (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=576662)

heathbirkendahl 04-21-2013 10:16 AM

LMC parts

I've recieved two critical parts for projects that have been unuseable. Thats ok stuff happens. But when I call they want me to pay shipping to send parts back. Do any of the other parts houses have better service?

Lastly, who should I order a winshield, trim and seal from?

Thanks,
Heath
Posted via Mobile Device

Mels72C20 04-21-2013 10:35 AM

Re: LMC parts

I just had a run in with them over the fuel sending unit. I ordered the wrong one and called to figure out what was the right one and they couldn't even tell me that. I figured out which one I needed from the various posts on here and then I had to pay to ship it back. Still waiting on the new one. I don't think I'll be ordering from them anymore.

seaflea 04-21-2013 10:46 AM

I ordered the 5 lug conversion disks from them. The said the bolt pattern was 5 on 4.75. Unfortunately, I took their word for it and ordered my wheels and had the rear axles redrilled for 5 on 4.75. When I got them they were 5 on 5! After a couple of calls to them I get the same answer "they are 5 on 4.75!" (um, no. they are not) but i can send them back for another set on my dime! No thanks. I decided it was cheaper to re-drill them to fit my wheels....
Not sure what is going on with them, but I am now looking for a new vendor...

dhaymaker 04-21-2013 10:50 AM

From reading various posts on the site, I must be in the minority concerning my luck with LMC. I've been using LMC for many, many parts over the years and I've had virtually no problems with my orders. In fact, the last time I received an incorrect part it turned out to be because I fat fingered a part number into the online order form. Got lucky, traded the incorrect part to a friend and he ordered my correct part within a few days when he was ordering some additional parts from LMC.

I spend a lot of time comparing parts, part prices, and shipping costs with a number of vendors. And, yes you can beat LMC shipping costs, but the individual part prices are often higher at other vendors.

I'm sure someone will have a story essentially opposite of what I'm saying, but this has been my personal experience!

Lou Boffa 04-21-2013 10:58 AM

I recently switched to Brother's, based in large part from feedback I read here. I got to say, they have been beyond fair to me--refunding me, sometimes paying the freight, even when it was clearly my screw-up.
They do charge a restock at times, but that seems reasonable when its my error.

heathbirkendahl 04-21-2013 11:17 AM

I'm gonna try Brothers next time. Both my issues were no my part.

Wheres the best place to order winshield seals?
Posted via Mobile Device

Lattimer 04-21-2013 01:00 PM

I have had a lot of bad parts from LMC. Now I only use them if they are the only source I can find.

I've been having good luck with Brothers, Classic Parts, and Early Classic Enterprises.

77c10 04-21-2013 01:56 PM

I had an issue with LMC last year on seat upholstery. They tried 3 times to send me the correct color and could not get it right. Like others have stated, I use them as a last resort.

leddzepp 04-22-2013 02:42 AM

Get a precision brand windshield gasket. Many board vendors carry them. Use OEM 67-70 trim and the corresponding gasket. It seats deeper in the seal. Repop trim is no good. You can get a windshield from a local glass company and have them install it using your gasket and trim. Have them install the gasket to the windshield, then install the trim, then install the entire assembly, starting at the top working down. If they are experienced with doing these installs, they will already know this. You can also do it yourself if you are up to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

1963c-10 04-25-2013 01:59 PM

Steele rubber has nice gaskets too

heathbirkendahl 04-25-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leddzepp (Post 6026825)
Get a precision brand windshield gasket. Many board vendors carry them. Use OEM 67-70 trim and the corresponding gasket. It seats deeper in the seal. Repop trim is no good. You can get a windshield from a local glass company and have them install it using your gasket and trim. Have them install the gasket to the windshield, then install the trim, then install the entire assembly, starting at the top working down. If they are experienced with doing these installs, they will already know this. You can also do it yourself if you are up to it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you for the great info.

I posted on Facebook and sent them a message. They are reviewing my claim, so we will see what they do for me.

Who are the board member vendors? (I'd love to keep the business here)

Heath

heathbirkendahl 04-25-2013 02:58 PM

Just got a call from LMC. They are reimbursing me for the faulty part I had to buy for the new steering column. Guess they have been having a lot of issues with the CPP column's. I'm going to get one from Kevin soon I save a little cash.

But over all happy to hear them get back to me.