The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Vendor Reviews (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=238)
-   -   Ouch (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=636027)

ho70 07-15-2014 08:29 AM

Ouch

Members here rave about GMC Pauls so I thought I would give it a try.......I have an US shipping address but live in Canada and the website would not let me process my order(although they have a drop box for postal code and country). I emailed GMC PAULS so I could process my order and they replied
"Sorry but since we do not sell or ship outside the USA we are not set up to process payments from outside the USA"

This attitude about Canada upsets me a lot, I spend thousands of $$ in the US every year and am only a one hour drive to the US. Canadians love the US and spend hundreds of millions a year there, but still get treated like ....So much for global economy. Sorry for the rant.

Howitzer 07-15-2014 08:32 AM

Re: Ouch

Hey,

Try calling your credit card company and either get your billing address temporarily changed to your US shipping address or if they have the capability, add a business address or alternate address to your profile that is your US shipping address. This should be a workaround for you to get things done. This is hat I did and it worked no problem.

bigmac73 07-15-2014 08:33 AM

I would try to get a hold of a member close to the boarder and work out a shipping deal then go pick it up, never hurts to ask????

Tom Vogel 07-15-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Canadians love the US
And we Love Canada!

trac209 07-15-2014 10:05 AM

Most USA company's would rather not deal with canada customs that's why they don't want to ship here or deal with canadian orders period. It's our government that's to blame for this sort of crap for the most part. Canada customs is such a pita that I pretty much avoid going to the USA just because of the crossing back over.

zamboni2354 07-15-2014 11:43 AM

maybe they would take paypal as a work around?

jeff

special-K 07-15-2014 12:59 PM

The thing here is we have a loophole. No one is asking GMC Paul's to ship outside the USA but his website program can't figure that out. I'd e-mail him and see what can be done. At some point the computer is done with the order and it's up to a human to actually ship. So,talk to the human who is going to ship it and his system can over ride the computer's. Just may have to do it manually...still works

69-72 07-16-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ho70 (Post 6761563)
Members here rave about GMC Pauls so I thought I would give it a try.......I have an US shipping address but live in Canada and the website would not let me process my order(although they have a drop box for postal code and country). I emailed GMC PAULS so I could process my order and they replied
"Sorry but since we do not sell or ship outside the USA we are not set up to process payments from outside the USA"

This attitude about Canada upsets me a lot, I spend thousands of $$ in the US every year and am only a one hour drive to the US. Canadians love the US and spend hundreds of millions a year there, but still get treated like ....So much for global economy. Sorry for the rant.

Yup I they have been doing that for years now, thousands of my dollars have gone to Classicparts.com where I always get great service. I don't know who you use now in Pembina but Corner Parcel is another good place that treats you right.

john 07-18-2014 07:15 PM

Hey guys read this for explanation from gmcpaul.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...t=67068&page=2

ho70 07-20-2014 12:30 PM

I have a US shipping address and verified paypal account which protects them
I have bought from Classic industries as I have before=just wanted to give a small guy my money too bad he doesn't want it