The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Suspension (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Questions About This Bag Kit (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=642067)

KyleSeal 09-03-2014 10:14 PM

Questions About This Bag Kit

2 Attachment(s)
Saw this bag kit online and seems at a reasonable price and what I'm willing to pay, with some add-ons, but I have a few ????'s:

How tall are the bags inflated/deflated

What's a triangulated 4Link?

What's a contour notch?

Bridge kit? Shock mount for rear? (what are they, are they worth it)

Also - if you know of any other good bag kits (going for full slam -low budget-) let me know.

Link & picture of truck for reference below

http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.p...501&bestseller

For reference, I believe the tires, floor to top of tread are 30 inches.

CHRIS67GMC 09-03-2014 10:38 PM

Re: Questions About This Bag Kit

You only need a small c-notch unless you are going to raise the bed floor.

4-link not needed.

It is a cheap kit you get what you pay for. There are a lot better kits out there.

I prefer the Ridetech stuff quality is top notch and there customer service is A+

Pro Performance 09-03-2014 10:53 PM

I would recommend a system with 8 valves, to isolate each corner independently. There are many option to bagging these trucks, and some things you want to consider to do it correctly. An adjustable track bar is a good idea, shock relocators, etc. Whichever direction you go, make sure to use quality parts, as it will be worth it in the end.

To answer a few of your questions.

The AirLift bags have about 8" of travel, from 3" compressed to 11" fully inflated.
A contoured notch, will match the shape of the earlier C10 frames. The 63-72's have a curved section over the axle, and when a 63-72 specific c-notch, will have that same contour vs. a standard straight one.

Depending on budget, we can put together a nice system for you, and something that you can build from, depending on your end goal with the suspension for the truck.

Give me a call, email or PM and be glad to go over in more detail with you and the options you have.

travis@azproperformance.com
480-420-8175

- Travis

andrewmp6 09-04-2014 12:54 AM

Does your truck have the truck arms or leaf springs in the back?Do you want it as low as you can with out cutting the bed or do you want to it lay frame?

PGSigns 09-04-2014 06:56 AM

You are not far from me if you want to look at a bagged truck before you get started on your project. That way you will understand what you are getting and what you need. PM me if you are interested.
Jimmy

KyleSeal 09-04-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewmp6 (Post 6829499)
Does your truck have the truck arms or leaf springs in the back?Do you want it as low as you can with out cutting the bed or do you want to it lay frame?

Truck arms with springs

aggie91 09-04-2014 12:09 PM

Kyle

There some questions that need a more detailed answer to be able to help you reach your goal. You said "(going for full slam -low budget-)", from that I assume you want to lay frame. If so, then your bed floor will need to be raised, the frame will need a step notch (countoured as Travis stated above), the front crossmember/lower control arms will hit the ground in front before the frame under the cab does...the list can go on from here all depending upon what you REALLY want in the end. Maybe you could do it in stages as the budget allows. Think it over and get back to us, we are always willing to help!

Give Travis a call and discuss with him, also, Boris at Street Machinery in Ohio is a good source and a board member here too. Both are good guys and good to work with.

KyleSeal 09-04-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aggie91 (Post 6829851)
Kyle

There some questions that need a more detailed answer to be able to help you reach your goal. You said "(going for full slam -low budget-)", from that I assume you want to lay frame. If so, then your bed floor will need to be raised, the frame will need a step notch (countoured as Travis stated above), the front crossmember/lower control arms will hit the ground in front before the frame under the cab does...the list can go on from here all depending upon what you REALLY want in the end. Maybe you could do it in stages as the budget allows. Think it over and get back to us, we are always willing to help!

Give Travis a call and discuss with him, also, Boris at Street Machinery in Ohio is a good source and a board member here too. Both are good guys and good to work with.

So I know pancaking the crossmember 1-2 inches will help - how about those arms?