The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Seriously??? Another road trip? (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=821182)

too much stuff 04-27-2021 05:13 PM

Seriously??? Another road trip?

3 Attachment(s)
Yep... i was still having withdrawals from last year. I hear there is another swap meet in texas i haven't been to. I fill up my trailer with parts for member HCC and Dieselwrencher in iowa, then off to Kansas to meet bassxclr8r and rob wagner to deliver more parts.
Of course there is snow on the truck the morning i leave. Stayed in Cameron MO and woke up to 5" on my truck the next morning...

too much stuff 04-27-2021 05:17 PM

Re: Seriously??? Another road trip?

4 Attachment(s)
Went to amarillo to meet up with some guys i know and grab a few parts there. Trailer is refull... (i am sure that is a word)
And then off to pate swap meet at texas speedway.

too much stuff 04-27-2021 05:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Last pics... First is my swap meet finds, second pic is some trading i did on some tow hooks i had. Ran into member rockc and shot the breeze for a bit also. Had fun, about 2800 miles in 7 days... back to reality now...
Enjoy

dave6672 04-27-2021 07:58 PM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

72 Super 04-27-2021 08:03 PM

Another cool trip Eric. What do you do with the sheetmetal? Use it on your own projects?

Bones72Super 04-27-2021 10:50 PM

Ha! I was parked next to your truck and those two cabs on the trailer at the Sleep Inn and Suites. Small world!!

Already Gone 04-28-2021 12:57 PM

Thanks for sharing Eric. I am itchy to travel too but can't go to the USA right now and its frustrating.

Old_Gold 04-28-2021 08:12 PM

Definitely looks like a great trip, and now that I know you deliver Iowa, I'll have to start a list!
Crazy to think we can't open the US-Canada border, hope we can get that fixed soon!

Jim

too much stuff 04-28-2021 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 72 Super (Post 8914245)
Another cool trip Eric. What do you do with the sheetmetal? Use it on your own projects?

I always think i can do more than humanly possible... Realistically, i will probably cherry pick a few items and sell off a bunch in the future.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones72Super (Post 8914318)
Ha! I was parked next to your truck and those two cabs on the trailer at the Sleep Inn and Suites. Small world!!

Small world indeed. Did you have the 2500hd that looked like mine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Already Gone (Post 8914483)
Thanks for sharing Eric. I am itchy to travel too but can't go to the USA right now and its frustrating.

You will just have to live through my adventures until the border opens again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Gold (Post 8914644)
Definitely looks like a great trip, and now that I know you deliver Iowa, I'll have to start a list!
Crazy to think we can't open the US-Canada border, hope we can get that fixed soon!

Jim

Let me know what is on your list...

bassxlr8r 05-01-2021 10:51 AM

That blue cab in the first pic looks strangely familiar...

When I saw this post I thought you were already heading back out on another one. :lol: Glad the rest of the trip went as planned. It almost looks like you returned with more than you left with though, not that it's always a bad thing. Thank you again!

72 Super 05-01-2021 07:07 PM

[QUOTE=too much stuff;8914706]I always think i can do more than humanly possible... Realistically, i will probably cherry pick a few items and sell off a bunch in the future.

The older I get the more I tend to realize that asl well.

Bones72Super 05-01-2021 08:35 PM

[QUOTE=too much stuff;8914706]

Yes, that was my truck. We left a little later than we wanted and had to wait in line 30 min to get in Saturday. Next year we'll have to get together and say hello :chevy:

too much stuff 05-03-2021 10:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bassxlr8r (Post 8915582)
That blue cab in the first pic looks strangely familiar...

When I saw this post I thought you were already heading back out on another one. :lol: Glad the rest of the trip went as planned. It almost looks like you returned with more than you left with though, not that it's always a bad thing. Thank you again!

Hope you have it on the road this fall, was fun hanging out for a bit.

[quote=Bones72Super;8915758]
Quote:

Originally Posted by too much stuff (Post 8914706)

Yes, that was my truck. We left a little later than we wanted and had to wait in line 30 min to get in Saturday. Next year we'll have to get together and say hello :chevy:

Not sure about next year. Will probably do decatur or pate, but not both again. Thats a lot of driving!

Finally got to unloading the trailer. Low hump cab looks good underneath...

mikelom 05-04-2021 03:02 AM

Looks like a fun productive trip. Nice pics.

BLAZERMAN 05-04-2021 11:54 AM

Sounds like a fun trip and those cabs look to be very solid. I wish I had known you were in Cameron, I would have came over and bought you dinner.

Dieselwrencher 05-14-2021 11:08 AM

Eric, thanks again for the parts and maybe next time there will be more time to chat. You sure brought back a lot of nice stuff!