The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Lost and Found is only Great when you find what you Lost (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=825652)

GOPAPA 09-08-2021 02:28 PM

Lost and Found is only Great when you find what you Lost

1 Attachment(s)
I am getting ready to set the valves on my old car in a week or so and was out in my scrap pile of old electric wire ends ( that I have had for years now ) and ran across something that will help me out tremendously (hope I spelled that word right ,,always wanted to use it..

Any one of you ever "get lucky" ( not what your thinking ) and find a lost something like I did that you can use with what your about to do ?

Attachment 2128910

yuccales 09-08-2021 02:52 PM

Re: Lost and Found is only Great when you find what you Lost

2 Attachment(s)
Absolutely! Lost one of my favorite tools some time ago. Now it is painted yellow so it's easy to find. ;) I've used this wheel cylinder pin for years as my "dedicated fuel line plug". Works great on 5/16 and 3/8 fuel line. Does not leak a drop. The slot slips over our cross members and keeps the line out of the way while changing out fuel pumps. The slot gives you a good grip when your hands are covered with oil or gas.

FleetsidePaul 09-08-2021 03:44 PM

If you ever want to lose something just move a bunch of times like me. I usually find something after I've bought a replacement. That's why I have 3 cordless drills.

Stocker 09-08-2021 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8968236)
If you ever want to lose something just move a bunch of times like me. I usually find something after I've bought a replacement.

Pffffftttt..... I find lost things after buying their replacements, and I don't even have to move to do it! :lol:

truckin 79 09-08-2021 06:05 PM

I find stray tools at the junkyard from time to time makes me happy. :metal: Of course I am known to make a occasional donation at the junkyard, so it basically evens out.

4u2nv 09-08-2021 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOPAPA (Post 8968215)
I am getting ready to set the valves on my old car in a week or so and was out in my scrap pile of old electric wire ends ( that I have had for years now ) and ran across something that will help me out tremendously (hope I spelled that word right ,,always wanted to use it..

Any one of you ever "get lucky" ( not what your thinking ) and find a lost something like I did that you can use with what your about to do ?

Attachment 2128910

Lost mine so long ago and found them now I forget how to use them.

LT7A 09-08-2021 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by truckin 79 (Post 8968278)
I find stray tools at the junkyard from time to time makes me happy. :metal: Of course I am known to make a occasional donation at the junkyard, so it basically evens out.

This.

I am putting together a set of found/free tools so that if I lose a piece at the junkyard, that it's no big deal. And theoretically I won't have to spend 15 minutes looking for a dropped socket in the miscellaneous stuff piled under a truck.

truckster 09-08-2021 10:53 PM

Generally, I find it right after I've bought its replacement.

I did find one of my good 1/4 drive wrenches with a 1/2 deep socket on it at my daughter's house last week... dang son-in-law.

special-K 09-15-2021 05:40 AM

I took a circular saw in to get repaired. I had two identical saws... for many years. This was back when I was busier than a rooster with two peckers. They gave me a ticket stub I hung onto.

Months had gone by and I still had that stub, so I went by the place to see about picking it up. The guy searches around his files and comes up telling me it had already been picked up. "What?? Who picked it up without a ticket? How do we handle this?" The guy looks on the ticket and tells me it says part wasn't available anyway. "Well I have another one so I could use the spare parts". I left angry at that business and I don't think I ever went back.

Years went by, like at least ten. The other saw needed repaired and I took it to my new guy. That's when I saw the same saw at my place. I guess I had one of my guys pick the saw up one day and forgot about it. I had been using both saws for years. Never lost it :lol:

GOPAPA 09-16-2021 08:32 AM

Tim ,, that came out okay ... many years ago when building tall walls for a school . I had a 32 oz plumb bob and a fellow worker who was working with me ,,borrowed the plumb bob and that friday he got laid off .. about 5 years later we wound up on a same job and him being there first ,,seen me when I was putting my tools in the lunch shack ,,came up to me with my plumb bob.. Them heavy johnson plumb bobs were not cheap .. I still have it.

Rich84 09-23-2021 04:42 PM

I bet half my guys don't even know what a plumb bob is.

FleetsidePaul 09-23-2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich84 (Post 8975188)
I bet half my guys don't even know what a plumb bob is.

I do. I knew this girl once and for $25 you could get one.

57taskforce 09-23-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8975221)

:lol: huh whoda thunk.

GOPAPA 09-23-2021 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FleetsidePaul (Post 8975221)

Paul , I think the forum cops will tie me in with you and we both will be outlaws ,, but I have faith that you can talk us out of most anything .. :)

Steeveedee 09-23-2021 08:29 PM

I have a small plumb bob, it's only about one pound. Pendulous!