The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   Welcome Area (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Hello from CA (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=830196)

Rocketir 01-24-2022 06:10 PM

Hello from CA

4 Attachment(s)
Learned how to drive on a 1968 C10 Old Blue. 3 on the tree with a 307. Always liked the shape, and since my oldest is going away to college soon, I figured I needed something to keep me busy. So I decided to buy a clean 67-72. Something with not much body issues, as I like to do the mechanical stuff way better than body work. Found this pretty clean 1969 3/4ton GMC long bed Camper Special. Currently its an 8 lug w/leaf spring, and I would like to change things out for 5 lug pattern all disc brake with some drop spindles in the front and 6.0 liter LS. I like the way the short box looks so that will probably end up happening as well. Thank you for the add.
There is a ton to read here and learn. I am going to need some advice on all of this, so thank you all in advance. Lets start this adventure.
Jesse.

68bowtie 01-24-2022 11:43 PM

Re: Hello from CA

Welcome! Nice loaded old farm truck you got there. And I see the sutter buttes in the background. Smallest mountain range in the world!

LT7A 01-25-2022 11:18 AM

Welcome Jesse! That truck looks great just as it sits now. In my opinion, cleaning it up and going back to steel wheels and hubcaps would knock that thing out of the park. But this whole site is about build to suit, season to taste, so you gotta do what makes you happy. Maybe you'll do a build thread so we can follow along.

The Rocknrod 01-25-2022 11:20 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Joe Pass 01-25-2022 11:55 AM

Cool......

Rocketir 01-25-2022 12:47 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome. Yes, I think I found a gem. Its actually in really good shape, and it just needs a bit of maintenance and it would be a great driver. I almost feel bad changing things around on this truck and not wanting to keep it an "original", But with close 85,000 GMC's sold in 1969 I am going to get over it. lol. It will also give me the chance to get my 14 year old son involved, so that was also a motivation for me.
Thanks,
Jesse

Rocketir 01-25-2022 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 68bowtie (Post 9024122)
Welcome! Nice loaded old farm truck you got there. And I see the sutter buttes in the background. Smallest mountain range in the world!

This is my parents house, I grew up within miles of the Buttes. I didn't realize they were so famous, but everyone in YC knows that line about the smallest mountain range. Our claim to fame!

Southcity 01-25-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LT7A (Post 9024360)
Welcome Jesse! That truck looks great just as it sits now. In my opinion, cleaning it up and going back to steel wheels and hubcaps would knock that thing out of the park. But this whole site is about build to suit, season to taste, so you gotta do what makes you happy. Maybe you'll do a build thread so we can follow along.

Well said LT7A!

Welcome Rocketir and congrats on a nice GMC! I have a lot of family in Rocklin and Lincoln, may see you out on the roads some day when I'm visiting, hitting up some of the local shows or swap meets etc.

Rich72C10 01-25-2022 03:03 PM

Welcome, I like that yellow with a white top on that GMC - just the right amount of wear on her!