The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/index.php)
-   The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   C30 Sway Bar w/ Flip Kit (https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=835217)

Android04 06-08-2022 12:23 PM

C30 Sway Bar w/ Flip Kit

Good afternoon friends and family! Well I finally got my Dually on the road and really want to get my sway bar put back on after my flip kit before it goes off to the alignment shop.

Has anyone put the rear sway bar back on after doing the flip kit? If so any pictures and what did you have to do if anything? My rear brackets are off getting blasted before powder coat and then it's time to tackle the project.

Big Chip 06-11-2022 03:43 PM

Re: C30 Sway Bar w/ Flip Kit

3 Attachment(s)
I didn't get very good shots of this but this was with the stock end links. I changed them out for much shorter ones before driving it too far and the bar is almost parallel to the bracket now and have never had an issue. The picture of the truck is with no air in the bags and that's the position I used to get the end link measurement. I would get some better pictures but the truck is in the body shop.

Android04 06-13-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Chip (Post 9089675)
I didn't get very good shots of this but this was with the stock end links. I changed them out for much shorter ones before driving it too far and the bar is almost parallel to the bracket now and have never had an issue. The picture of the truck is with no air in the bags and that's the position I used to get the end link measurement. I would get some better pictures but the truck is in the body shop.

Thank you sir. So from looking at it you just ran the stock brackets under the flip kit plates. If that's the case it makes my life WAY easier :)

Thanks again for the pictures.

SCOTI 06-20-2022 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Android04 (Post 9090348)
Thank you sir. So from looking at it you just ran the stock brackets under the flip kit plates. If that's the case it makes my life WAY easier :)

Thanks again for the pictures.

That's how I'd do it.

I considered it for my set-up but figured I would see how things were as-is w/o a bar. The outboard bags & 4-bar/Panhard bar combo do a good job of keeping things in check so I never re-installed it.

Android04 06-20-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCOTI (Post 9092773)
That's how I'd do it.

I considered it for my set-up but figured I would see how things were as-is w/o a bar. The outboard bags & 4-bar/Panhard bar combo do a good job of keeping things in check so I never re-installed it.

Thanks Scoti and I plan to tackle it this weekend!