View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #6
PHAT 53

Re: Can anyone tell me how to put a Camaro subframe on?

Orange

I would agree with Oldtruckfanatic I have seen pictures of his work and he's the man. I took parts from two 53's one short and one long. I don't remember seeing anything different about the front-end frames. The springs and stuff like that were heaver but all the other stuff looked the same. In fact I’m using the complete front doghouse off the 3/4-ton on the 1/2 frame and all bolts up just the same. I to went Mustang II and don't regret it at all. My brother in-law went the sub frame route and had all the problems that Oldtruckfanatic talks about. He worked it all out but it was more time and money that’s why I went with the Mustang II.

Try to plan this well. Look into all the mustang II options. I bought the cross member and a junk yard Mustang II front end. I welded in the cross member and rebuilt all the parts off the stock Mustang II. With that you get the stock upper and lower A arms that aren't the greatest but will work fine. You also end up with 9 in. brakes, which are not so fine. So you will need a new 11 in. brake system. It goes on from there but you get the picture. You might save money by getting one of the $1600.00 complete units. Good Luck