View Single Post
Old 07-13-2007, 08:37 AM   #57
herb101
Used Register

Re: For those waiting on Camaro caliper brackets....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
For 6-lug discs, it might be easier to adapt the 99~03 Chevy truck rear disc set-up.

????
There is a thread about that very swap, but for me, I'd like to find a rotor to work with Glock's setup due to the rotor size. 15s are definately out if you run the late model Silverado/Sub rear disc setup. The brake setup costs enough already, without having to buy new wheels AND tires too. Anybody have an idea what the 'factory' kits available for the rear disc 6-lug conversion use for rotors? I know many use the Caddy caliper for the E-brake, but not much info given on the rotors. I'd sure like to be able to get local service repair parts and not have to order a custome rotor or have custom machine work done to replace a damaged rotor down the road. I would be all over this bracket set if I could find a 6 lug rotor option.

NAPA lists the impala rotor as 11-39/64 diamater, 0.785" thick and 2.335" high. Maybe we will get lucky with a Toyota or Nissan 6-lug rotor with 6 x 5.5 pattern? The late model GM rear disc comes in 2 flavors: 13" diameter, 1.185" thick, 3.76" tall or 12.795" diameter, 0.79" thick, 3.35" tall. I don't have the rotors in hand to decipher where the "tall" is measured from (axle flange face or rotor face), but it should be consistant among the rotors listed.

Factory fronts for my 71 are close at 11.86" diameter, 1.285" thick, 2.304" tall, but the cast iron hat won't go over the axle flange, so that option is out.

Herb

BTW - awesome work on these bracket set-ups - great ideas and excellent execution!!!
herb101 is offline   Reply With Quote