View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 06:09 AM   #22
special-K
Special Order

Re: $3500 worth it for this 68 Stepside

I`ve never seen a truck with "those" trouble spots not have "more" trouble spots around the fender mating flange and bed surface.So,you saw pictures of the floor at the kick panel and up underneath at the cab supports?
I`d still buy a truck like that for that kind of money,but I think they are about all overpriced and based on the real nice ones.The real nice ones are high because they either had alot of money dumped into them to restore or they managed to survive 35+ years without rusting where the majority didn`t.But,a real nice one should be babied and not daily driven in most parts of the country.Then,everywhere there`s careless drivers that can put an end to 35 years of good fortune,too.
So enjoy having a cool truck that you can bop around inj and get all the looks that a $35,000 truck will get going down the road.Only,you won`t be chewing you fingernails and have less wrinkles in your forehead,too.
Thanks for your service and best luck to ya.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote