View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #10
hotrod 80
mini truck racer

Re: Project: white knight 1967 step

O.K. The power 6 lug disc brake conversion is done , so it has brakes now . I put a turbo muffler on it so my wife will let me run it . The 6 cylinder HEI conversion is done and I bought another carb off a board member as mine still has a stumble to it after the rebuild . I am doing body work right now , as it is sceduled to go to the body shop on friday for new gm pure white base / clear job . Fixed the gas gauge , Adjusted the shift linkage , removed old floor mat and vacuumed in the cowl . Looked like a birds nest in there . Pulled the old plywood bed floor out . Removed the windshield . Pulled the 71/72 front bumper off . Basically preping it for paint . I also found a front sway bar today . The motor will eventually ( it's at the machine shop ) be a .030 350 chevy . This is a roller cam 1 pc rear seal block . I have forged flat tops for it . The heads are a over the counter 1969/1970 double hump , these are the heads you would get if you ordered a performance package with your new Camaro back them they would have come in the trunk with intake , carb , and headers . They have never been installed and have assesery holes . I bought a comp hydraulic roller , it's 208/218 @ .050 and 495/.503 lift . Holley 600 , weiand dual plane intake , and HEI dist . I bought a van tilt from another member . Had a turbo 350 out of a 69 Camaro and a 2200 stall . A buddy of mine just bought a truck like ours and it had new headers on it ( he's going big block ) so I got those . I have all the parts , I just got to find time to assemble this thing . My wife has the camara with her at Disney in Orlando , so i'll get some progress pics up within the next couple of days as she gets home tonight . I drove a 1969 short fleet for about 4 years and wish I would have never sold it .

Last edited by hotrod 80; 02-13-2008 at 01:24 PM.
hotrod 80 is offline   Reply With Quote