View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #36
ronh72c10

Re: Project Git-R-Done - 72 K25

Yesterday I went out and finish welded the mid-lower crossmember brackets and as well welded the rear brake cable bracket I repaired. That was supposed to finish the frame work, but I decided to install all of the crossmembers and make sure everything would fit before I went onto blasting and painting the frame.

Good thing I checked too, the measurements don't add up, from the motor mount to the back of the engine is 16", from the front of the tranny to the tranny/t-case support is ~24" for a total of 40", the engine crossmember to the tranny crossmember is only 37", so somewhere I lost 3". The tranny seems to be sitting in the right position for the front driveshaft but it is 2" too far back for the rear driveshaft which collapsed (maybe, I have to recheck) is 56" but I only have 54" of space.

Very weird, I can probably explain the rear driveshaft since I don't think it's the original, and maybe can explain the missing 3" at the front as it isn't the proper tranny crossmember as well. But I can't help but think I'm missing something obvious.

The project may end up getting altered as well, since I'm thinking about picking up a cheap diesel van pulling the engine for this project.

Ron
38 Ford Tudor Humpback Sedan (from the darkside)
67 Pontiac Parisienne
55 Studebaker Commander 2dr Hardtop (Starliner)
My Youtube channel with Video Updates!
ronh72c10 is offline   Reply With Quote