View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
naynay

Finally got the Truck(s)

I have a million questions but i'll start with this intro:

Hi,

My name is Rodney. (hi rodney)

I'm in dallas (old east dallas), long time car guy but i was passed down a 1963 C10, so now i can say truck guy. The '63 was originally purchased by my father, who bought it from his boss, who's dad bought it brand new in Weatherford, TX.

My dad bought the truck in 1980. He and my mother had just gotten married that same year. Fast forward a few months of him daily driving the truck but getting nagged about it being in primer and too ugly to be in front of their brand new house. He send the truck to the body shop and they take forever with it. Like almost a year forever. The next year they find out they are pregnant with me.

He gave the truck to his father, my grandpa johnnie. That was 1982, and this truck has been in Corsicana, TX these past 27 years. I used to spend the summers with them and play in this truck from as far back as i can remember. I even remember once rolling through downtown corsicana and grandpa getting hung up in the column shift and blowing through a redlight. He told the officer he just got caught between gears and couldnt stop it. We got away that time, i have tried to use the same excuse since and it hasnt' worked.

to wrap it up, i just got the truck back from him. He's been hounding me to come get it since 2007 and i have been blowing it off, but i finally found somewhere to keep it wtih tools to work on it so i made some calls and we went and picked it up.

PICS

okay, so since i got the truck bug, i have been all over craigslist looking for parts or parts trucks anything really. the 63 is Solid but it needs ALOT.

So one day i had $1500 in hand and decided that i need a daily driver, something i can get on a job site easier with(my audi don't cut it), somethin still pretty cool, that i can at least get a thumbs up or two. I decided a 73-87 would make the prefect daily. I started seeing them pop up in moderate shape for around $2000. Well i didn't have $2000, i had $1500, and i wanted a truck that day

I ended up finding this 1980 lwb c10. it's pretty solid for the $700 i paid for it, and the fact that i drove it home with a clean title. I've put one tire on it, and got it tagged and inspected. probably $900 total investment.

PICS

i got tons of pics but until i start doing some stuff to the trucks they look the same.. as i said i'll be around asking all the dumb questions but hopefully you guys sill like some of my work.

So anyways thas my life story, i should get back to the truck now
naynay is offline   Reply With Quote