View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:36 AM   #140
Bruce88

Re: It’s Just A Pickup

Some times you have to take a side step in order to accomplish your goals
Upgrading/improving your shop falls into this category

For the last 20 + years I’ve been using a Sears Craftsman Permanently Lubricated Air Compressor 120 volt, 15 amps, 5 HP, 25 gal tank with 7.1 SCFM @ 90 psi (I don’t think Sears even makes this model any more). It’s never given me any problems over the years even thou I’ve over tasked its capabilities continually. Over the years where I’ve added more pneumatic tools to my shop it’s continually running and cant keep up with the demands that I place upon it and letting it cool down is defiantly slowing down the build.

So I’m going to take the plunge and upgrade to a Ingersoll Rand Single-stage Air Compressor Model SS5L5, 230 volt single phase, 30 amp, 5 HP, 60 gal tank with 18.1 SCFM at 90 psi (Compressor is on order and should be here in 5 to 10 days)

I’m not an electrician or a plumber but have been doing some study and finding information to do the wiring and plumbing my self.

I know this is kind of off the topic for a build thread but thought there might be some that are interested in seeing a 230 volt single phase compressor installation with wiring, plumbing, and pictures. If there are a few that are interested in seeing this installation with my personal thoughts, please post a response and I will post the installation hear.

Upgrading/improving your shop can take away time from your build but hopefully makes builds more enjoyable.