View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 11:59 PM   #11
54Caddy
GM Addicted

Re: 1979 Chevy build

AAAHHHH finally it was back on the ground ready to hit the streets. I took this picture just before i drove it down town for the first time. I didnt have the hood ready yet but i didnt care. I was a great feeling after breaking the engine in and getting it all snuged up and back on the road.

With the help and guidence of my grandpa we built the box for the two 12's going behind the seat. I liked my grandpas idea of the cut out for the amp so we went with it. The box is great but i later realized that we made it a little to tall and wide, i had to move my seat up and lose leg room. I will be building another box for the truck and will also purchase shallow mount subwoofers along with a new amp and will cover it in the same carpet i put in the truck now.

I added these gauges to monitor my truck and the conditions it runs in because the ones on the dash arent working. As of now i still have the gauges but im going to try to get the indash ones to work the light up and all but the voltmeter one doesnt work. I need to but a temperature sensor and see if the temp one works and if it does then ill put the oil pressure sending unit in also and delete these guages

If you noticed in the pictures of the tear down the guage cluster bezel was yellowed badly, i went out to the loacal pick-n-pull and found this bezel, when i bought it it was a little yellowed but i polished it out with some mothers wheel polished and it brought the new look back to it.

Last edited by 54Caddy; 11-16-2009 at 10:29 PM.
54Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote