View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #110
samwise68
FarmBoy.

Re: '67 Chevy II Build - Betty.

Bobjob - it's only rust, and only metal. What the hell, ya know? haha. Just makes it easier to hack up a car like I'm doing.

And finally, pics.

I got the springs bolted on, and set it down off the jack stands. The first time in about 9 months that it hasn't been on stands!!

You can see that the coils are just riding on the belly pan, which is fine for now. I'll put in the upper spring mounts soon enough. But for now, it's roll-able, which is major for me.

I also have to do some more measuring and double checking to make sure everything is level and square and acceptable.

In your opinion, how much of a leeway do you think I can get away with, with this kind of suspension?

I also did some measuring on my GMC, and compared it to the arms on my II. The arms are 42 inches apart on the GMC at the axle. They're 37 inches apart on my II. I attribute this to worn out bushings, but I'm concerned that it's going to affect the geometry of the suspension...Opinions?

My only concern is that if I move the t-arms out to the proper specs, the springs are going to have to ride on the frame rails, thus raising the car that much higher, making the appearance look off, along with not helping the hooking, etc.

So, I've got some figuring to do, and a lot more measuring. I may post over in the suspension area, I'm not sure yet.

But yes, progress nonetheless. Once I get this figures out, the rust repair and sheetmetal fabrication shouldn't be much of an issue at all. Haha, riiiiggghhhttt...

-Sam.

Quote:
Screw patina... it's a beater...Beaters are cool.
my build thread - Project Homebrew:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=242993
samwise68 is offline   Reply With Quote