View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #17
ya it is a classic

Re: diesel didnt shut off. ran full throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Not sure about rod fitment,between the 6.9 and 7.3. with the 7.3 knocking why not just get the running 6.9 for 1000 and be done with it. if you get any of the other motors your gunna have ALOT of time invested swapping it over. the knocking 73 is gunna cost more than a grand to get back to normal. because chances are the crank is gunna need turned polished or replaced. I can't count how many times i've heard of people just replacing a rod, or just replacing bearings to fix a knock, only to have to pull the motor again to fix the same problem. So save yourself alot of time and money by replacing what you have.
Now on a more up beat, if you can find a non turbo 7.3, that I'm 99% sure that is a direct bolt in.
Thats my .02 cents.
thanks barry, although you could have gave me more than 2 cents to pay for the motor i would like to just rebuild the motor but i dont want to put much money into this truck. it kinda a beater and the injectors are starting to go. im thinking about selling the truck for parts and getting a gas. but then again the 20-25 mpg of the diesel would be nice. ill go look at the 7.3 today and see what its like.
ya it is a classic is offline   Reply With Quote