View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #11
Rogue_Sentinel

Re: Need some help gauge cluster lights????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alias137 View Post
I have seen it posted somewhere here before about led installed backward can possibly cause a fire. I don't see how this can happen. An led by default tells you it is installed backwards. LED's are light emitting diodes. A diode lets current (and voltage for that matter) travel in a single direction. Since they are polarity sensitive (meaning positive to positive and neg. to neg.), if they were installed wrong, flip it over and re-install. I honestly have never heard of an led starting a fire (installed wrong or right). If you have proof or somekind of an article from somewhere about this, please pm it to me or send me the link or something as I would really like to hear about it. There are a lot of people here that are starting out in this hobby/lifestyle and they are looking for good information. Any mis-information (or hearsay for that matter) could really prevent them from making any modification they have wanted to do. Just my .02, but if you don't know for reasonably sure- don't repeat it.

Thanks for your .02
"Myths and legends die hard in America. We love them for the extra dimension they provide, the illusion of near-infinite possibility to erase the narrow confines of most men's reality. Weird heroes and mould-breaking champions exist as living proof to those who need it that the tyranny of 'the rat race' is not yet final."

Hunter S THompson
Rogue_Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote