Re: Holley Carb kicking my tailpipe!

Man - ya change an accel pump once around here people go crazy ;-) haha

Actually - I think what I said does make sense:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermz01 View Post
Interesting observation...
Tried the idle to part load shift while the engine was running... carefully watching the pump shooter. nothing, to a very small dribble, occurs when you start to tip in (engine stumbles - lean condition my guess since it's not fueling)... at a certain point the pump shooter beings to spray like expected...
Not really sure what this info is really saying but this thread is getting all over the place.
While the engine is running the pump shooter does not squirt fuel as you tip into the throttle (it does when the engine is off). AKA no fuel... so at idle the engine runs fine, under heavy acceleration it runs fine, at a very light load it stumbles... the shooter isn't squirting fuel... perhaps this is normal, but it didn't make sense to me. I haven't worked on carb's before.

The ignition is at 15° advance. It is not an HEI system but rather points.

The carb is an 1850-3 2537

To be honest when I changed the power valve I did not see a trans tube, but I claim ignorance for not really looking to be honest...

I have a 4 hole 1" spacer. It is an older Torker II intake.

When I changed the power valve I did clean the carb. I can not say 100% that something is not lodged somewhere....