View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #12
Tyler212

Re: Possible stroker Build

Ok everyone. I thought I'd let you all know how it is progressing.

I've traded my brother blocks. So now I've got a 350 block thats not been touched. I took it to the local shop and the guys said they would have to bore it .030 over making it a true 383. And they priced the machiene work for $325. I've also took my set of heads to them asking them to check them out and if there's anything wrong fix them. They've got 194 valves in it and its the the mid close chambered 305 heads.(there's a set they make thats got a tighter chamber and one thats more open from what I gather)

I'm going to get the rotating assembly and cam from the shop thats doing the machiening and am also going to have them build the rotating assembly. The crank's internally ballanced, eagle if I remember correctly. Cast(I know its not as good as forged but there pro's and say it'll be all I need) I beam connecting rods, .030 over pistons can't be flat topped though or compression will be to high and cant run off pump gas. I'm not sure about the kinda cam its going to have though. I told him the tranny I was going to put behind it(4L60) and that I wanted it to be a little more agressive with a little lope but to run on a stock torque converter.

As for the rest of the motor I've got an aluminum intake(Holly or Weiand both sittin on a shelf in the garage) 650 cfm edelbrock Performer series, electronic ignition with accel high performance coil. Don't know if these really matter but I'll list them too. Stock alt, powersteering pump, and water pump. Straight fan, has a shroud. 3 core radiator.

Thanks for the input and I'll let you all know anything else I find out. I'll post a pic of it and my truck when I get it out again. Right now its not too much to be braggin about. But I'm proud of it. And I'll eventually get it right.
Tyler212 is offline   Reply With Quote