View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #156
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

The C20's and C30's prior to '88 are going to have the 8 x 6.5" wheel bolt pattern. Those parts will certainly work if you wanted the 8 x 6.5" bolt pattern.

There are 2 ways to have 6 x 5.5 front disc brakes. one is to use the factory light duty '88-'98 C2500 parts as listed earlier in this thread. Or you can use the typical '71-'87 C10 front suspension parts and then purchase the aftermarket 6 x 5.5" rotors for those spindles.

As for the springs, I believe the '73-'87 springs are a little different, but I think the early ones will work. And yes you can run both drop spindles and drop springs at the same time......many guys do to get their desired amont of drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmopar View Post
Hey Guys - hope its cool to post in this FAQ still - Sorry if these questions were answered - I missed if they were.

will 80-87 3/4 ton or 1 ton trucks work for the conversions? What about 73-87 c20's also? As long as theyre 2wd? im assuming they would have the 1-1/4 rotors instead of light duty, right?

Im looking to swap to my 64 c10 6 lug - and keep 6 lug - i see the parts store call out for them (thanks) in one of the thread posts

a side question - ive got drop coils in my stock arms now - could I resue them? or are the 73-87 coils different for some reason? Can you run drop coils AND spindles?

Sean
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote