View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 05:30 PM   #2773
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
What are you smokin'? Thanks I think it looks awesome as well.

Don't smoke anything, but just had a nice Seven & Seven..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTorange View Post
Alan,

I've really enjoyed reading through your build. I've learned a lot, and it's provided me with some great motivation. Keep up the good work!
Thanks Man!!. I'm trying to stay motivated. During the winter time I'm ready to put it on Ebay. I did do a little today..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by my67chevytruck View Post
nice progress Alan!
Thanks Heath. Progress is almost non existant right now. My mind stays busier than my body thinking of everything that has to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverter View Post
Happy new year Alan.Its only the 8th so I can still say that.

Is this the year for you to complete the Vitamin?
Not sure Troy, I haven't met any deadlines yet, so I don't think I will set any more. BTW Your truck is coming along great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBomb View Post
Hey Alan Great progress.

When you decide where you are going to have the upholstery work done let us (or just me) know how you like it. I'm hoping to have my buckets covered before July. I looked online and there is a place near dixie speedway in Woodstock that has had some good reviews. I plan on going by there one day to get a quote.
I'm in discussion right now with another member that is out of state. He does upolstery and he is needing me to do some work for him. We might swap out the labor. Let us know about the shop at Dixie.

Not much progress, but I did install a new passenger regulator in a repop door. It bolted right up. I still need to buy a drivers side.

I can't hardly move in the shop right now. After 10 years of use it is time to rebuild the riding mower. I'm fighting the temptation of restoring it. It's a sickness. I was cleaning the deck and was thinking.....Hey I can sand blast it and powder coat it.................Nah, just clean it up and put it back together. Then I was thinking hay I can paint the body. That might happen. Then today I was thinking I could practice fabbing up a hood scoop. Dang, my mind creates more work than I need.

Trying to decide on the details of the seat. The picture below is something I had in mind. Now think of this seam on black vinyl with orange thread. Also thinking of a welt like old school. I think the orange stitch in black will really pop and accent the hounds tooth. I'll also have the buttons covered in black. The buttons will be in the hounds tooth like the 69 camaro.
Attached Images

Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote