View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #2775
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
You could put air bags on the mower and that would be how you adjust the height you cut the grass.

Now I'm in an area that I'm not very good at.................electrical. I had the old harness from the Impala.

I have some old gauges laying around and the schematic from Lakeroadster. I thought why not mock it up and see how the factory did it. I stripped away everything that wasn't needed. This is what was left. Yes, I am using new wire, just trying to get a mental pic of what I need to do. It might be a waste of time for some, but helpful to me.

I've done a little searching to try to find some dash light sockets. Anybody know right off hand where I could get these or suitable sub? They are a 5/8" round hole. It seems like it would be easy to find. These are a single wire, but I think a 2 wire might be better as far as the grounds go. But that just means more wires to deal with. I'll just see whats available.

I have to go back thru my thread to find the electrical supplier that I and others posted. Since the gauge pods are in three pieces I want to create a quick disconnect for each pod. The speedo has 5 lights running to it. They are the turn indicators, high beam and dash light. A 5 pin quick disconnect will take care of it.

Any pointers and suggestions are always helpful.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote