View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 01:24 PM   #6
jocko

Re: disk vs drum pedal effort

thanks guys, that's what I was looking for. I've read/heard some claims (by mfgrs, of course) that manual disks will reduce pedal effort compared to the original drums, but found that odd - primarily because of what markeb01 mentioned, the self-energizing design of some manual brakes. (thanks markeb01, that's the bit of info I was trying to remember as to why these claims didn't make sense to me) - so figured I'd ask a few folks who may have done this conversion.

To be honest, the MAIN reason I was even considering manual disks was to keep the firewall a little cleaner - I do think manual brakes only (i.e. no booster) looks a little better/cleaner - but in the end, I will be going with the power booster. Thanks for your help, much appreciated!

Now, if I get really ambitious, I've been wondering about a kugel under-dash 90 deg power set-up and leaving the ol crusty stock single master cylinder under the hood for "show" only... I'm not all about original looking, I just like to be "innovative" I guess. Probablyu MUCH more trouble than it's worth - and I'm about 99% sure that I'll just go with the normal swap in the original master cylinder location. But it sure would be cool.

Last edited by jocko; 02-01-2011 at 01:25 PM.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote