View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 01:53 AM   #22
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: disk vs drum pedal effort

Once you have the new booster bolted to the firewall, crawl under the dash. Then hold the original pushrod in position on the pedal, and parallel to the new pushrod. Then make a mark on both pushrods in a convenient place to cut them both. An area where they are close to the same diameter would be helpful. Then remove the booster and cut both pushrods. Now connect the two pieces by either welding, sleeving and cross pinning, or threading and screwing together with a coupling nut. Just be sure the original pushrod is in the middle of it's adjustment. This way you can still adjust the pushrod after the lengthening.

I hope that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
Thanks Capt! Can you post a link to determining the correct rod length or explain? I agree it would/should be straightforward, but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote