View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 12:25 AM   #48
67shortie
Green club

Re: Shreck's 6.0 build

Thanks all, the Chevelle has been with me since 1986 and have done a whole bunch of work to it over the years. It's my baby, with me all of these years and never has let me down....

A few things today first I had the pleasure of meeting Jay (5150.4.67) when I picked up the offered cam sensor. Class act, knows his stuff and hope to stay in contact with him through all of this. Jay, thanks again, it is now residing in the block tonight so it went to a good home

Second, more progress tonight after running a few errands with the family. Got the valvetrain prepped, lifters and plastic trays installed but hit a road block when I tried to bolt the heads down. Bought the wrong bolts. Arrgh, so this block is not what I think it is, must be a later year because the bolts I ordered were way too long. That's OK I will just return them for the correct year and be done with it. Never mind the numbers on the pistons, that was something I was doing earlier

My plans this next week are to get the spare block out of the truck, modify my flexplate, trim down my mount adapter plates and get this in the truck by Wednesday. I need to get my butt up early on my days off to make this happen

Anyhoo, more pics:
Attached Images

Son you are going to drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that hot rod lincoln
67shortie is offline   Reply With Quote