View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #119
Cole Trickle
C-10 Club Member

Re: Project "Old Yeller"

OK....made a little headway on the interior.

If you go back to my first post the biggest complaint I had about the truck was the interior truck noise. I put 2K miles on the truck over the last 12 months and have made a few long distance trips and each time my ears bleed after 3+ hours.

I did some research and settled on Rattle Trap by Fat Mat. I purchased 100 sq ft from amazon.

I stripped out the interior of the truck with the help of Johnoro here on the boards. With his help I got about 10 minutes worth of work done in about 8 hours....haha

He wanted to drink and hang out in the backyard with the girls sun bathing instead of getting greassy working on a 40 y/o truck

The truck just had carpeting and a super thin peice of foam under the feet area.

I applied 2 layers as far up the fire wall as I could go and I also covered the gas tank. I have about 40 sq ft left over and will do the back wall when I remove the gas tank for the full tear down in a couple years.

I then went to Home Depot and got a 9x6 sheet of carpet insulation and layed that down before I reinstalled the carpet.

The truck is now a ton quieter....You actually only hear motor and exhaust from the outside of the truck now and the echo is gone.

Cole Trickle is offline   Reply With Quote