Thread: 68 Gumby
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
Evan68chevy

Re: 68 Gumby

lowlife99: Thank you very much for the compliment...There are a lot of GREAT trucks on this site.......Just trying to catch up to them...

Just thought I would give a update on the progress that I have had over the last month or so. I started by taking the front end apart and uncovered a lot of old paint and a whole lot of road grime under the cab. So I decided to blast the underside of the cab and frame with walnut shell. So I built a booth in the garage around the front of the truck with PVC pipe, big plastic bags, a fan in the back side and a house filter in the front and a LOT of duct tape. Works wonders and now the underside of the cab/ frame is clean. after a couple days of blasting for 20 min, sweep up the media, filter it (worst part), then refill the tank. Now that the frame, under cab, and firewall are all clean, I decided to fill all the heater holes and anything else that was not going to be used with the new set up. After seeing a couple trucks on here I also filled in the wire rail at the top of the firewall. And its looking better and better everyday. Now its time to prep the frame, suspension, and firewall for paint/undercoating. Let me know what you guys think of my progress.
Thanks
Attached Images

Evan68chevy is offline   Reply With Quote