Thread: 1960 Biscayne
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #20
Zoomin
Man of Mini-Talents

Re: 1960 Biscayne

Thanks for the compliments guys!

Today I ordered up some shocks and a complete tuneup kit. Surprisingly my local O'Really's? didn't have the parts in stock, so I will get after it tomorrow.

The first few miles I drove the car, it seemed to be just fine, but now I can't keep it running at idle. I checked the plugs and the fuel filter and they seem fine, but I'm going to replace it all anyway. Not sure what's going on but if it keeps up, this may be what it takes for me to pitch the I6 for something else. Could be a case of bad gas - it's been sitting a looooong time.

I have to tell you though, this is the first time I've actually been tempted to keep a car the way it came from the factory. I bought it because I've always loved the big finned Chevy's and thought it would be fun to rod one up, but this one is so nice I feel guilty even thinking about it.

There's a 60 Impala for sale on evilBay right now that originally was a 348 car but now has an I6 in it. I'd have no qualms about making a boat anchor out of that six, but this car has the matching numbers drive train in it. D@mn. Love the originality of this thing, but you time 0-60 with a sundial. Man, would this be cool with an LS3 in it?

Hey, great cruiser though.

Plenty of time to decide. I've got two other projects that I really need to finish first anyway.
Zoomin is offline   Reply With Quote