Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
SCOTI

Re: Make it handle

Quote:
Originally Posted by taank View Post
i recently orderd a rear bag kit from avs. its going to be a stock to 4 inch drop at various times. do i need to replace the panhard bar or do a shock relocate?
If you're adjusting the ride height, I would recommend getting an aftermarket rear Panhard bar. The short OE bars & their mounting location would allow for more side to side travel vs. an aftermarket (longer) Panhard bar would (the longer the bar, the less side shift when the suspension cycles up/down).

On the shocks, I would determine your preferred ride height & mearure for shock travel. It's possible the 4" drop will be @ the max for shock compression but if it's only @ that height for a limited period of time, it might not be worth messing with. Once you know your typical ride height, it should be fairly easy to crunch the numbers & see if relocating the mounting points would benefit your set-up.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote