View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 AM   #22
Slowtruk

Re: Am I Expecting Too Much?

First of all let me say this: I am sorry I have not gotten back to you on this issue after the initial reply, I've been getting a ton of PM's lately on selling things. ANd with the holidays its been hectic. We've had dealings before and I have no intention of ruining a good name on this site.

The Headers were never installed. Proof would be to look at the surface that mates to the head, there will be no marks where bolts were installed. The way they were represented in the pics was the way they were sent. I told you that I recieved them with NO padding, NO plastic bags. The ONLY thing I can think of is that they must have had a cardboard slit seperating them in the box. The box you recieved them in was the factory box.

The reason I cant remember if they had cardboard or not is because its been at least 4-5 months since I pulled those out of the box, and they came with $1000 dollars worth of other things too. So it wasnt like I paid a lot of attention to how they came out. Heres a pic of the headers the moment they came out of the box.

ANd heres the pic I took the day I listed them and you bought them soon after

I should have taken greater care in packaging them, honestly I really didnt think too much about it. I had to calculate a shipping price, so out comes the box they came in, in goes the headers, down to the post office I go, lug the box in, have them weigh it, get a price, go back home, lug the headers back in the house, send you a pm, you buy them, lug them back to the post office, done.

I can however say that its obvious that SOMETHING seperated them when they were shipped to me. So it's pretty much my fault for being negligent.

So you paid $234 shipped for a set of $345.00 headers (price shipped to me), and they are damaged enough to jeopardize the life of the coating. I can:

1. refund you $134 and you keep the headers
2. refund the full $234 and you send them back.

Whatever you want to do. Sorry about all of this John
1961 c-10 Apache short fleet
2005 Chevy Suburban LT
2012 Hyundai Sonata
Slowtruk is offline   Reply With Quote