Thread: Crash's 69 K10
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 02:04 AM   #150
Crash_OK

Re: Crash's 72 K10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
Nothing too major,,, it's been a while since I worked for GM so things may have changed. First thing that jumped out on me was that the fuel pump relay was activated by sending power from the PCM to the relay, usually that leg of a fuel pump relay has "key on" power and the relay is activated by the PCM closing the ground to the ground leg of the relay. The second thing was the use of a 20 amp fuse to the PCM through the "hot all the time" side of the fuse box. That power feed to the PCM is simply for memory retention and requires very little amperage to maintain. The 10 amp fuse should probably go there and the 20 amp fuse should go to the "key on" side of the fuse box for the actual power up of the PCM. Like I said, I may be wrong, glad to hear you got it running!!

Thanks fakerwade.... I could very well have things wrong.. However, in this case I think I am right. After review the wiring diagrams and the fuse box itself the orange wires (Blue Pin 20 and Pin 57 - Circuit 440) uses a 20 amp fuse. I agree it seems large for memory retention as well.. But I thought it best to follow what the factory did.

On the fuel pump, I was surprised with that as well.. The fans circuits work by the PCM taking the pins to ground. However, the fuel pump outputs 12V+.. Not sure why they did it that way...

Once again thanks... and please let me know if you spot any other issues..

Crash's 69 4x4 SWB

Crash's Roof over Lake Home

Crash's 1988 Land Cruiser Build
Crash_OK is offline   Reply With Quote