View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 02:58 AM   #195
maxxxy

Re: maxxy's 81 bagged c10 build

I got a little work done this evening!!! It's been a while since I last was able to work on my truck, but thats because it's my senior year, and I'm coming down to the final part of my last basketball season. In fact, next weekend, Mar. 8-10 is the state tournament! Haha. My team is doing great this year and we're fortunate enough to still be playing while many others have already ended their season.
As much as I want to be able to have free time to spend working on my truck, I don't ever want my season to end.

Well enough of that, on to the truck!

This evening I did some modifications to be able to use a suburban gas tank above the frame rails on my bagged truck.
I started out by temp. bracing the frame, then I took the rear support, turned it backwards then moved it 5 inches or so rearward.
Then I removed the spare tire holder.
Then I took a price of 1x1 square tubing and mounted it under the frame in the same location the spare tire holder was. (I am not finished securing it, so there will be more than just one tank strap)

You can see in the last pic that the tank does not hang at all below the frame, which will really give me some peice of mind.

Here in a couple of weeks I'll really be able to dive into this truck and get some progress.
Posted via Mobile Device

Max's bagged 81

81 rcsb bagged, 22s, build in progress
09 ext cab, 24" U2's, DD sub/amp
maxxxy is offline   Reply With Quote