View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #16
toocrazy

Big Progress Today

You know some days are just more productive than others. Today was one of those great days. We got the front sheet metal bolted on, doors hung, and trimmed the inside of the front fenders so we could at least get the truck to lay down. We did get everything to line up pretty good for the initial bolt on. I might add again we spent months on those suicide doors......we ended up building our own hinges and man that is one pain in the rear end. We also cut in the Porterbuilt hinges and have them mounted. We'll be doing lots of work to them to get them to feel more molded in than bolted on. I have had these hinges for a long long time.......since Nate has some hydraulic options with these hood hinges. Really not sure where we'll go with them but heck its day one of the assembly process. I love looking at the truck laying on the ground.

I have not researched the front fender solution for my truck. The 22's + tires end up at the top of the fenders........cool Need something to keep from slinging mud on the bottom of the hood. Cardboard is the cheapest material to fabricate so we came up with a quick mockup of a fender that would not look like a fender......pretty much would taper down to the upper control arm. I don't know, I am just fishing for opinions from you guys.

toocrazy is offline   Reply With Quote