View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #139
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMurphy View Post
Those Pontiacs are indeed a thing of beauty.
I just entered my 66 Tempest Custom in the Good Guys show for this August at the Spokane Fair Grounds.
As I was going thru last years photos on the Good Guys site, I noticed they got a partial of your truck next to a 30s or 40s two tone sedan.

Anyways, it is my deepest hope that I get to meet some of you PNW guys this summer, before-during-or after the show!

Thanks for the info and advice Mark, you have been one of the real go-to guys on this site and I appreciate it!
I’ll be there and look forward to meeting. I wasn’t planning on bringing my truck this year, but knowing you're making the trip has me rethinking the decision.

Thanks for pointing out the photo I’d never seen it before. By the way the car in the photo is a 1935 Ford.

That was taken Friday morning right after we checked in. I was somewhat surprised when we were issued entry #12! The low number resulted from registering the previous December at their deepest discount.

Normally we wander around for an hour or so on Friday and return for most of the day Saturday. Last year on Friday we hung around long enough to meet Vernski and his wife, which was fun.

On Saturday we usually park farther back in the corner because there is shade most of the afternoon and I’m not much of a hot weather person. It’s a great spot for a picnic, but not the best spot if you want pictures of your car published. It also seems most of the pictures that end up in print magazines are taken primarily on Sunday, in case this matters to you.

How about posting a photo of your Pontiac here so I’ll know what to look for. Look forward to seeing you there.

Last edited by markeb01; 04-27-2012 at 01:16 AM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote