View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #3
rollinrooster

Re: '49 chevy with s-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse49chevy View Post
I just bought a 48, I can't decide which way to go on the suspension. Like most of us out here, I don't have a drum full of money, so can't decide if I should clip the front, invest on a mustang II crossmember. What all do you have to do to a S10 chasis to sit the truck? What year can I use?
Posted via Mobile Device
My factory frame was in bad shape so i went with an '89 model s-10 standard cab longbed. (bought the whole truck complete and running with a 4.3v6 and a 700r4 for $150.00) I believe you can use most any year s-10 just some slight differences from year to year.Most people try to get the standard cab longbed 2wd models(but you can use the other models also just have to modify the frame to fit the wheelbase). I have some friends that have done the front clip and can tell you that the cost is about the same either way you go. It all depends on what kind of deals you can find and how resouceful you are. How low are you wanting the truck to sit at? In my area there are more s-10's for cheap than there were factory '47-54 frames so the choice was easy. Also i wanted my truck to sit low and s-10 suspension parts can be purchased at any local autoparts store cheap!! Good luck either way you go and keep me posted.
rollinrooster is offline   Reply With Quote