View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 01:42 PM   #40
Cameron 1137

Re: '66 Corvair "Marigold"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
Congrats man! Just curious, but what was the trophy for? Most original, best corvair, ect? I got a 3rd place at a show with my 67 once. I was estatic

There's a lot of these in my area. They have a club around here somewhere. Some really nice ones too.
Thanks! I was top 25. Third place is sweet! i was in shock that i even won! Corvairs are pretty scarce in my area. maybe a dozen that i know of. i am part of a corvair club but it is out of rhode island, a bit far from me so its hard to really be part of it. There are some really nice corvairs out there though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgf545 View Post
Just ran across your thread, my dad has a convertible that he has been working on I think it is a 65 or 66. Pretty cool little car. He was talking about selling it but I am not sure if he was serious or not. He has so many projects I think he is ready to start downsizing projects...lol. He retired a few years ago and I think he is busier now than when he was working. But it keeps him occupied. Here is a couple of pictures.
Sweet Vair! Looks like a nice little project, and convertibles are very desirable!
1966 Chevy Corvair 500, "Marigold" SOLD
2005 Subaru Outback Wagon DEAD
2008 Pontiac G8, New Winter/Daily
Cameron 1137 is offline   Reply With Quote