View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #31
nitrosport_5

Re: 1972 K20 "Diamond in the Rough"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadheadNM View Post
Nice find! The tranny cover in the 2wd cab will be a "low hump" if it came from a small block truck rather than a big block truck. You'll need to use the "high hump" tranny cover from your 4wd cab. No other cab difference that I can think of. If the 2wd cab isn't a 72 the doors won't be correct for a 72 but will work fine.

What's your plan to deal with the VIN on the 2wd cab? Did that come with a title?

Any chance to see pics of the interior and SPID on the inside of the glovebox?
Thanks, ive noticed the door, will 72 door pannels fit on a 70? other than that little bolt up below the wing window, are they the same? Ive also noticed the 70 rear view mirror mounts to the cab, the 72 to the windshield. I also see the high hump trans cover in the 4x4 bolts in, but the 70 is one piece? I will have to cut the floor out? or were all cabs low hump to start with and were converted with that high hump pannel. and was the rear bed work light an option, or just not on the 70

As far as the vin goes, i have no idea. I do have a title for both cabs. I need to talk to my uncle. he has done 2 cab swaps so i will see what he did.

Ill post some pics of the interior. The door pannels arent correct for the 72, but as nice as they are i may use them. Someone in the 72 painted most of the blue plastic black and its coming off. It also has buckets and a console that are aftermarket i believe. they arent bad seats, beside that they are a bit wore out. I have a near perfect blue bench that will go in it.

these first few pics are the 72 4x4
Attached Images

nitrosport_5 is offline   Reply With Quote