View Single Post
Old 08-10-2012, 07:01 PM   #232
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Got more done but managed to leave my camera at home again so I just snapped a few teaser cell phone shots.

I grabbed some seam sealer tape, its a nice option to prevent rubbing and chaffing on painted surfaces that meet each other. I used it on anything I could, and since its rubberized and closed cell, it won't absorb water...making it a cheap viable option instead of the rust-sucking fender welting.

It also was nice for the more flush fitting led tail lights (doesn't use the reverse lense gasket), as well as the pinch point on the sideviews.

And lastly I had some time to start getting the door seals in place. The aftermarket gaskets don't have the metal lip the old ones did and are thicker in profile. Make SURE you have fitted your doors with these in BEFORE you do anything else. They change the fitment a good deal. You may also want to lightly slot certain section of the gasket at pinch points, because it almost "bunches" in corners. I held it down with some high quality 3m weatherstrip adhesive. Its one of the situations when you NEED the right adhesive.

It will be in one piece within a few days....get ready.

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote