View Single Post
Old 08-18-2012, 02:29 AM   #247
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

Had random stuff to do today, as yet again I came just a few connectors/screws/bolts short of getting more done.

I did do some misc work tho. I wanted to make a custom horn button for my grant wheel. I've already designed it in photoshop, but my only option is to print it or make it like a sticker. Instead I wanted a "thick" button, with the epoxy top much like the vintage horn buttons of years past.
The Grant button is 1.55", and I had a little candle holder in the basement that came suuuper close. Stirred up some craft epoxy (high gloss, doesn't dry opaque) and poured it in with a little release agent rubbed on the sides. Hopefully, I'll be able to pull (or more likely break the glass) around it, remove my new bubble top, and buff it clean. Its only an experiment

Then I picked up some Plasti-Dip. This stuff is fun, and was the perfect solution to help finish bring together my new tailgate hardware. I dipped the ends in it (2 coats, ended up being thicker than I expected), then let them dry out. These will be re assembled and prevent vibration and scratching. I included a video of a dip below as well.

**Video**

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote