View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 12:08 AM   #1398
Frizzle Fry

Re: '66 Sunbeam Minx Project - F20C/6sp/4-link/Discs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
Cool idea on the tube beader. These ones from earls seem like a simple idea that would work but you have to buy one for every size tube. If its just one size you need then ok, but they would add up fast.
http://www.summitracing.com/search/P...rs-Individual/
That's cheating (they look nice tho)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomin View Post
Now that is totally cool! Making your own tool like that.

I'm not sure where I heard this, or what material it's used on, but the myth has it that if use fill the tube with sand it won't collapse.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, I've read that too. Ice as well. The sticks I have coming have just a slightly thicker wall so hopefully I'll get it on the first one. If not I'm using frozen quick-sand on the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
The ball valve may work, but I think it will probably feel like full on at about 1/3 open. Depends on the amount of total flow you have. Part way open on that valve may be enough to allow all the flow the system puts out. A small orifice (washer) in the valve inlet might help control it better. Another option is a smaller ball valve. You'll just have to try it out and see what you get for results.
You may be right, but if I can control the temp at all I'll be happy. With no way to completely shut off the vent I don't want heated wind flowing through there in the summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71swb4x4 View Post
Everything looks awesome, as usual.
Thanks brotha!
Frizzle Fry is offline   Reply With Quote