Thread: Going crazy!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
awedel

Going crazy!

If anyone can help me out it would be much appreciated. So heres the deal. My truck has a battery disconnect switch that turns off power to everything including the radio. With that being said, all of my radio settings get erased when I turn the battery switch off. So in order to by pass the battery switch I took the ignition power wire and the constant power lead from the radio and hardwired them directly to the battery with a in-line fuse. So the radio has constant power now, except when you turn off the battery disconnect switch the radio turns off even when theres power to it!! (The radio is grounded to the inside of the dash ) So this is where I go stir crazy!! The radio has constant power and works when the battery switch is on (which it should) but when I turn the battery dis-connect switch off, the radio turns off even though I ran direct power to the battery. The only way to get the radio to turn on when the battery dis-connect switch is off is when I take a jumper wire from the battery negative and touch it to the radio ground (which is already grounded to the dash). Any Ideas????
awedel is offline   Reply With Quote