View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 AM   #84
zippeay

Re: My own build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corts60 View Post
Just read through this. that is going to be one killer truck. I really dig the paint scheme.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! I appreciate the comments!

Ok, so I got a little done this weekend. Not as much as I would liked but progress is progress right!
I installed my "new" tilt wheel column, I need to go get some universals and a hime joint today so I can finish the steering linkage but here is the column. Obviously I need to change the steering wheel but you get the idea.

I also installed the gas tank, I can't believe these damn things come with no instructions... I ended up moving the rear cross member back, welding in some square stock in the front to make a box so the flanges on the tank hold it up. Then I took one of the straps and welded it in front and bolted it to the back. I left the strap about an inch short so when I bolt it down tight it hold it from moving. There's probably better ways to do it but I didn't want to put the tank any lower for fear of scraping it on the ground when the bags are down.

I also finished welded up the portions I cut out for clearance for the steering linkage. Curving 3/16 plate steel is not easy... A vice and a Big ass hammer work well.... lol

Here's the top of one of the plates I welded in

Oh ya, I also finished striping the whole firewall and windshield channel, makes a bit of mess.... haha!
zippeay is offline   Reply With Quote