View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 AM   #7
special-K
Special Order

Re: The RC Safari Suburban with video

Yeah well,so far I have not delved into the RC thing. I have been a toy truck collector and occasionally given thought to what it would take to make one "go". The farthest I've gone is laying down on the ground and filming my son's Hotwheels come down the track. I had (still do) a good 60' of track. I have friends into RCs and for them it's all about blasting around and tearing them up. They only care about making them go faster. I can see the fun in that,but as I watched your video I could imagine their reactions. They'd probably think it was silly to put all that into making one so real only to creep around carefully. Well,as a kid I probably would have agreed. But,as an adult it seems appropriate to be more detail oriented and...mature. Everyone's different but your style is my style. I guess having rigs for both styles would be cool. I can also see the fun in letting one rip and who cares what it looks like! (well,I guess I'd still want it to look fairly real)

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote