View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:47 PM   #18
piecesparts
Parts and more parts

Re: My 2012 GMC Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013_GMC_BLACK_SLT View Post
I also have 3:42 gears which should be a + for gas mileage. The first two tanks I even eased my foot on the gas like the pedal was made from egg-shell. All my friends at the race track have 5.3's that they tow their enclosed trailers with. They tell me they are getting 11 with a trailer.......I sure hope there is something true about the break in period before gas mileage gets better or I will be regretting not going through with the deal on the FORD w/ECCOBOOST. Thanks for the input on your truck.
I agree, the people that I know that purchased the Ford Ecoboost setup are really put out that their mileage is worse than mine. I have good gas mileage and plenty of power in my setup. I would really like a 3.73 gear, but it would curb my highway m,ileage too much. When we did the computer tune, we also closed up the shifts in the transmission computer. There is a lot of slop in the shifts and it allowed for too much tranny flare issues. in other words it would take too long to go from one gear to another.