View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #8
jeffro2

Re: The RC Safari Suburban with video

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yeah well,so far I have not delved into the RC thing. I have been a toy truck collector and occasionally given thought to what it would take to make one "go". The farthest I've gone is laying down on the ground and filming my son's Hotwheels come down the track. I had (still do) a good 60' of track. I have friends into RCs and for them it's all about blasting around and tearing them up. They only care about making them go faster. I can see the fun in that,but as I watched your video I could imagine their reactions. They'd probably think it was silly to put all that into making one so real only to creep around carefully. Well,as a kid I probably would have agreed. But,as an adult it seems appropriate to be more detail oriented and...mature. Everyone's different but your style is my style. I guess having rigs for both styles would be cool. I can also see the fun in letting one rip and who cares what it looks like! (well,I guess I'd still want it to look fairly real)
Sorry its taken so long to get back to you, After getting side-tracked in life, I ended up with flu and didn't even feel like looking at a laptop, an rc truck or anything. I felt like I was run over by a truck though.

Anyway, When I was kid in late 60's and early 70's, I always wished my models and diecasts were somehow, drivable. You are correct on the speed, most of todays RC is about "how fast can you go".

I'm more of the "make it as real looking as possible including slower, normal looking speed". Although, every once in awhile I pull one off the shelf thats faster then my scale builds. Its fun for a little bit, but not long.

As for getting on the ground and getting up...repeatedly, is not easy on us aging kids..

Thank you for all of your kind words and thoughts.
jeffro2 is offline   Reply With Quote