View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:06 AM   #11
jonmc56

Re: Jon's 69 CST Build

This past October my front brake shoes were down to a critical level, so a decision had to be made about fixing the front drum brakes or going with disc brakes. I was also getting anxious to have a power booster, especially for a daily driver. So, I started the process of installing the ECE 4.5/6" drop (drop spindles, drop shocks, drop coils, rear shock relocator kit), plus front disc brakes, master cylinder, power booster, prop valve, all new brake lines, and probably other stuff I'm forgetting. Also made the decision to convert to 5 lug, so ordered Dutchman 5 lug rear axles. While it is apart, also doing all new control arm shafts and bushings, tie rod ends, idler arm, pitman arm, and ball joints. Finally, decided to rebuild the rear drum brakes completely with all new parts and the larger '72 drums and shoes.

First step was to take the truck outside and degrease/pressure wash everything I could see, and take some 'before' pictures of the ride height and stance. Everything is mostly apart, and the cleaning/painting has begun.

jonmc56 is offline   Reply With Quote