View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 PM   #13
Tomahawk30

Re: An open letter to parts Vendors

While I agree that some of the vendor sites are pretty spartan to say the least, I still think its worth putting in the extra time to navigate more than one site. I do use LMC's site and catalogs to put together my list of parts because it is laid out so well visually. Some of the smaller pieces and hardware would be really tough to order without a visual confirmation that it is what I think it is. I then spend an extra couple of hours at night pricing everything out from two or three different vendors and put everything into a spreadsheet for comparison. Its extra work, but I usually find that some things are cheaper from vendor A, and others from vendor B. Sometimes the extra shipping makes ordering from one site cheaper even if some of the parts cost more, and other times (usually on big orders) its worth placing two separate orders. I will say that GMCPaul's service and shipping is terrific even though the site is pretty basic. They are easy to reach and quick to answer questions, and a lot of times that is worth a few extra bucks and some extra time navigating their site... And I like that I get an actual message from a person and not just an automated update on orders.

I have no particular allegiance to any one vendor, as I've never really had issues with any vendor (other than one guy that sold me some junky door handles on ebay once). But if I feel I've received good service and communication is prompt, I'll be back again.

1972 C10 Custom Deluxe Highlander - sold
1971 Cheyenne Super Longhorn -sold
1972 Cheyenne Super SWB 4x4 -sold, bought back, sold again... I'm dumb.
1970 Chevy C10 SWB "Sprout" -sold
1972 Cheyenne K20 -sold
1969 GMC Shortbox Stepside 4x4 -sold
1972 GMC Jimmy 4x4 -sold
Tomahawk30 is offline   Reply With Quote