View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:42 PM   #474
NewType72

Re: 1972 Chevy p/u NewType Build

Well brothers sitting here rackin my brain over what direction I want to go next my motor is on its last knee cap basically and I just don't trust it anymore so it's definitely not staying in so now here's where the confusing part comes along..

Do I stay where I'm at and rebuild a spare 350 block my father owns to a 350 horse motor and slap my goodies on it because I love the look of the true blue classic motors?

Do I upgrade to the later model 1996-2001 Vortec motors still use most of my goodies and just have it rebuilt and programmed to whatever is best of both worlds HP and mileage?

Or do I go all out and buy a brand new LS motor do it up to look old school and get the appropriate tranny and never worry about it again aside from the headache of installing all the computer harness?

Money aside I don't care I'd obviously have to do a loan for the newer motors but that would build my credit and I could pay it off with ease.

I also have involved way too much time and money between my father and I in this truck to ever say that I want to start over and try and build one cheaper so I certainly won't be wanton to get rid of it at this point so I suppose money is no issue when it's the dream truck you've always wanted to build.

If I stay with the first two options ill be mating a 700r4 behind the motor so gas mileage afterwards would be tremendous compared to my th350.

Ill be wanting to drive this truck daily for a long time because its honestly a better ride than newer trucks to me so shell need to be solid for a long time guess I'm just picky on looks at this point and the headache of newer motors guess it would be a learning curve if nothing else.
Posted via Mobile Device

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote